Red Bull Advanced Technologies is looking for an experienced Electrical Design Engineer. In this position you will be designing electrical wiring designs using a mixture of 3D, 2D and schematic circuit designs tools for the manufacture of electrical components whilst also supporting bench testing, design validation and DVP testing of vehicle electrical systems.
This is a fantastic opportunity to take responsibility for either a full system or parts of the vehicles electrical system from design to testing and validation, hands on troubleshooting both in-vehicle and on the bench. To be successful in this Electrical Design Engineer position you will need to have an understanding of high-end vehicle electrical systems including wiring hardware, connectors and integration components, system functions and electrical engineering principles and manufacturing techniques.
Essential competencies needed in this Electrical Design Engineer role:
- Minimum HND in engineering ideally an electrical discipline.
- Proven experience in high-end motorsport/F1, aeronautical electrical design or OEM automotive with experience of electrical circuitry design.
- Proficient in 3D CAD preferably electrical harness packages – ideally Siemens NX (Consideration given to CATIA electrical experience.)
- Experience using electrical schematics design packages (Capital, VeSys, Zuken E3)
- Experience creating requirement specifications and project timings and budget planning
- Experience of creating and writing engineering specification documentation
- Knowledge of materials and products used in the production of electrical systems in both automotive and aerospace application.
- Knowledge of the function, operation and components used in an automotive electrical system.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office Applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook