Red Bull Advanced Technologies has moved on from its pioneering Valkyrie program to work on some of the most ground-breaking projects across the globe. Along with developing a Hydrogen Powered Racing category for the ACO, Red Bull Advanced Technologies has forged exciting partnerships with BMC Switzerland & Alinghi Red Bull Racing and is leading innovation with many forward thinking and inspiring projects, like our latest project the RB17.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Junior Composites Design Engineer to take assist with our exciting projects by taking pride in presenting high quality work for design reviews and final design justification. This role will suit an Junior Engineer who is passionate about high-performance engineering and wants to learn new techniques, with a desire for continual personal development.
- To use 3D CAD software to design composite structures and components as directed by the Head of Composites & Structural Analysis.
- To work with other Composite Designers and Stress Engineers in the detailed laminate design of composite structures and components as directed.
- To produce designs and drawings in accordance with RBAT standards, principles and quality measures.
- To have an understanding of composite processing, and produce manufacturable designs, including, pre-preg specifications, metallic/composite inserts, foam/honeycomb cores, mandrels, bladders, tooling, fasteners and surface coatings.
- To have an understanding of structural principles and to undertake simple calculations to inform the design process, including preliminary sizing of hardpoints, adhesive joints, lugs, fasteners.
To be considered for this position, you will:
- Be educated to degree Level or equivalent within Engineering, Design or a similar discipline
- Have completed an year within industry, ideally within Motorsport, Automotive, Aerospace or a fast-paced Engineering Consultancy
- Be comfortable in the use of Siemens NX 3D Design software
- Have a proactive, passionate and flexible attitude.
Not only is this a fantastic role, but it is also a fantastic team to work for. A good salary is just the start, there are many other benefits too such as our bonus scheme, private health care cover, life assurance scheme, workplace nursery, company contributed pension scheme, on site gym & fitness classes, free food, and a cycle to work scheme.