Red Bull Advanced Technologies has moved on from its pioneering Valkyrie program to work on some of the most ground-breaking projects across the globe. Along with developing a Hydrogen Powered Racing category for the ACO, Red Bull Advanced Technologies has forged exciting partnerships with BMC Switzerland & Alinghi Red Bull Racing and is leading innovation with many forward thinking and inspiring projects, like our latest project the RB17.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Junior Stress / Structures Engineer who is committed to analysis and development of component design, to make structural recommendations to designers during the development process, and to produce reports for completed work.
- Carry out first-stage sizing calculations to enable early decision making
- To construct detailed FEA models, featuring composites laminates and high-performance metals
- To apply experience of modelling techniques, including linear static, non-linear contact, buckling, normal modes linear and non-linear solvers
- To take ownership of assigned projects: requesting data and consulting with Design Engineers where required to carry out each analysis efficiently, and to escalate where issues and/or risks present themselves
- To supplement FEA studies with hand calculations and engineering reasoning to explain and validate FEA results
To be considered for this position, you will:
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent within Engineering, Design or a similar discipline
- Have a good understanding in finite element analysis and optimisation of high-performance composite and metallic structures
- Be experienced in analysis for fatigue and defining the service life of high-performance components
- Be a concise, effective communicator using written and verbal English language
- Have a proactive, passionate and flexible attitude
Not only is this a fantastic Junior Structures Analyst role, but it is also a fantastic team to work for. A good salary is just the start, there are many other benefits too such as our bonus scheme, private health care cover, life assurance scheme, workplace nursery, company contributed pension scheme, free on site gym & fitness classes, free food, a cycle to work scheme and of course free Red Bull to keep you firing on all cylinders!