Red Bull Advanced Technologies has moved on from its pioneering Valkyrie program to work on some of the most exciting and ground-breaking projects from around the globe. Along with publicised examples such as our partnership with BMC Switzerland and the development of the Hydrogen Powered Racing category for Le Mans, Red Bull Advanced Technologies is leading innovation with many other forward thinking and inspiring projects.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Aerodynamicist to join and help nurture our dynamic and talented Aerodynamics team working to deliver aerodynamic solutions of the very highest standard.
Working from our Milton Keynes campus, you will be focusing on our current cutting-edge projects, exciting new ventures and delivering rapid performance improvements. You will be involved in the complete development cycle from initial sketches and renders through to the deployment of a variety of high-performance vehicles for Land, Sea and Air applications.
In this role you will be supporting the Aerodynamics Group Leader by assisting in overseeing and managing a proportion of our project portfolio. You will contribute by adding performance to our vehicles by defining concepts, setting targets and inspiring creativity and innovation within the group. In addition, you will help drive development tools and methodologies forward, assist with recruitment, personnel development and make a significant contribution to the technical management of the department.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A degree or equivalate within Aerodynamics
- Extensive experience of F1 aerodynamic development
- Experience in wind tunnel and trackside aerodynamic testing
- A thorough understanding of the requirements of overall car performance
- Extensive experience in negotiating mechanical and composite requirements against aerodynamic requirements
- Exceptional communication and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise effectively
- The desire to work in an open and dynamic team environment and to help nurture talented and motivated teammates
- A proven track record of successful design implementation with a good grasp of the practical challenges involved
What can we offer you?
Not only is this a fantastic role, but it is also an amazing team to work in. Working for Red Bull also comes with a whole host of benefits, such as a private healthcare cover, life assurance scheme, workplace nursery, company contributed pension scheme, on-site gym and fitness classes, free food, a cycle to work scheme and of course unlimited Red Bull.