Red Bull Advanced Technologies has moved on from its pioneering Valkyrie program to work on some of the most ground-breaking projects across the globe. Along with developing a Hydrogen Powered Racing category for the ACO, Red Bull Advanced Technologies has forged exciting partnerships with BMC Switzerland & Alinghi Red Bull Racing and is leading innovation with many forward thinking and inspiring projects like our latest project the RB17.
This is a fantastic opportunity to take responsibility for the design of the electrical installation using a mixture of CAD tools. 2D schematics, 3D modelling and 2D drafting. To be successful in this Senior Electronics Installation Design Engineer position you will need to have an understanding of high-end vehicle electrical systems including wiring hardware, connectors and integration components, system functions and electrical engineering principles and manufacturing techniques.
- To understand the electrical requirements of the project specification and create a project scope defining component selection, costs and timings using a balance of innovative and proven approaches.
- To assist with the systems design. Engineering effective systems to fulfil a wide range of functionality requirements across a wide range of projects
- To create design schemes working alongside other engineering groups that adhere to agreed specification for the purposes of design development and review. Undertaking changes based on feedback.
- To design single electrical components, sub-assembly and complete installation designs using Siemens NX 3D electrical design package.
- To create electrical circuitry designs alongside the physical integration using the Siemens Capital electrical design toolset.
- To create 2D manufacturing drawings and supporting manufacturing, build and commissioning instruction.
- To investigate and resolve electrical system faults and actions in an efficient and timely manner.
- To formulate release documentation in line with company standards and procedures.
To be successful, you will:
- Be educated to degree level within an Electrical discipline or equivalent
- Have proven experience in high-end motorsport/F1, OEM automotive or Aeronautical design.
- Be proficient in 3D CAD preferably electrical harness packages – ideally UNIGRAPHICS NX (Consideration given to CATIA electrical experience.)
- Experience using electrical schematics design packages to create electrical integration circuit designs (Capital, VeSys, Zuken E3)
- Experience working within a systems design function, understanding and delivering functionality.
Not only is this a fantastic Senior Electronics Installation Design Engineer role, but it is also a fantastic team to work for. A good salary is just the start, there are many other benefits too such as our bonus scheme, private health care cover, life assurance scheme, workplace nursery, company contributed pension scheme, free on site gym & fitness classes, free food, a cycle to work scheme and of course free Red Bull to keep you firing on all cylinders!