Red Bull Advanced Technologies have exciting opportunities for undergraduate students to spend a year as part of our Structural Analysis team. The placements will run from summer of 2023 for one year and offer the opportunity to demonstrate your enthusiasm and apply your knowledge in an open and dynamic environment.
Based on our Milton Keynes campus, this placement opportunity will allow the successful candidate to develop skills in problem solving, creativity, teamwork, planning, innovation and communication whilst performing the following tasks:
- Carry out structural sizing calculations to assist with concept development
- To construct detailed Finite Element Analysis (FEA) models, including composites laminates and high-performance metals
- To develop modelling techniques, including linear static, non-linear contact, buckling, frequency
- To gain familiarity with the properties of a range of structural materials
- To plan and oversee physical tests and structural R&D projects
- To generate concise technical reports
To be considered for this role, you will preferably:
- Be studying a Mechanical, Automotive or related Engineering degree
- Have excellent mathematical and analytical skills
- Have a passion for design and optimisation of structures, including composites and metals
Key Attributes of the successful candidate:
- Positive, can-do attitude, with a passion for engineering
- Aptitude and enthusiasm for learning new skills
- Ability to follow best practice and work logically and systematically
- Hands-on approach to problem solving
- Excellent communication skills and experience working in a team environment
To be considered for this Student Placement, please apply to this advert and submit both your CV and a one-page cover letter.
Application closing date 0800 (UK time) 14th October 2022.
*Applications submitted after this deadline will not be considered*
Not only is this a great undergraduate student placement opportunity but also a fantastic team to work for. A good salary is just the start, there are many other benefits too such as health care, company contributed pension, free on-site gym, free daily lunch allowance plus more…